Skip to main content
- Whoever intentionally produces, offers or makes available, distributes or transmits through an information system or procures for himself or for another person or without lawful justification possesses material in an information system, that visually depicts-
- a minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct;
- a person appearing to be a minor engaged in sexually explicitly conduct; or
- realistic images representing a minor engaged in sexually explicitly conduct; or
- discloses the identity of the minor, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years or with fine which may extend to five million rupees or with both.
- Any aggrieved person or his guardian, where such person is a minor, may apply to the Authority for removal, destruction of or blocking access to such information referred to in sub-section (1) and the Authority, on receipt of such application, shall forthwith pass such orders as deemed reasonable in the circumstances, including an order for removal, destruction, preventing transmission of or blocking access to such information and the authority may also direct any of its licensees to secure such information including traffic data