Digital Forensics for Government Departments
Objective To educate relevant government departments on the tools & technologies involved in digital forensics. Course covers overview of methodological approach to digital forensics and evidence analysis. Course enables practitioners especially from law enforcement to acquire necessary hands-on experience on various forensic investigation techniques and standard forensic tools. Tools & technologies demonstrated in this course will help to successfully carryout a computer forensic investigation leading to prosecution of perpetrators.
- Computer Forensics Basic, Objective of Computer Forensics
- Forensics Readiness & Planning
- Forensics Investigation Process, Various Legal issues, Digital Evidence, Challenging aspects of Digital Evidence, Role and Characteristics of Digital Evidence, Types of Digital Evidence, Rules of Evidence, Digital Evidence Examination Process, Evidence Searching, Seizing, Acquisition and Preservation Methodologies.
- First Responder Responsibilities and its Toolkit
- Data acquisition
- Types of Data Acquisition and Duplication Rules
- Data Acquisition Formats
- Bit Streams v/s Backups, Static v/s Live Acquisition
- Windows File System and Windows Forensics, Getting Volatile and Non-volatile Information from Windows.
- Transporting Digital evidence, Chain of custody
- Writing Forensics Reports, Contents of Forensics Report
- Mobile & Email Forensics
- Different Mobile Devices and H/W and S/W Practices
- Investigating Email Crimes
- Email Systems and Email Crimes